Our Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) program is primarily focused on families who are residents of Washington, DC., and are covered under the Washington, DC Medicaid Program.
Our Board-Certified Behavioral Analysts (BCBAs) provide in-home and community-based ABA consultation, supervision, and training services for children and young adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). We work with individuals ages 3 to 26 years.
We provide research- and clinic-based approaches to behavioral therapy services.
Our ABA services can be provided through telehealth and in-home services under the Washington DC Medicaid and the Administration of Health Services for Children with Special Needs, Inc.
These are the clinic-based services we offer:
In conducting these assessments, we utilize The Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP) and Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS). This service program is administered by our team of Board-Certified Behavioral Analysts and psychologists to evaluate clients’ conditions and to provide them with a diagnosis.
- Individual Parent Training: may or may not involve the presence of the child.
- Group Parent Training: involve multiple family groups and other caregivers, emphasizing skills development, and support so that caregivers become competent in implementing treatment protocols across critical environments.
Our registered/board-certified behavioral therapists can administer direct or indirect supervision.
This parent training activities are administered by board-certified behavioral therapists.
Our goal in providing ABA services is to help increase behaviors that are helpful and decrease those that are harmful or affect learning.
Who We Serve
- Individuals ages 3-26 years
- Those who are diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation
- Those who are referred to Health Services for Children with Special Needs, Inc. for ABA therapy services
- Those who are residing in Washington, D.C.
We employ evidence-based techniques and observation on our clients. This allows us to guide them in addressing their issues, knowing their potentials, and honing them. Since we are working with children, we also make sure to mix fun with their activities. This can improve their willingness to participate in their care, treatments, and training.
Our process starts with the fundamental needs of our clients. First, we focus on on-task behavioral services, such as fundamental caregiving and assistance with daily living. Then, we will slowly develop a teaching method and reinforcement procedures to improve functional skills, communication, social interaction, and more. Third, through well-structured instruction, we’ll teach self-care and self-control as well as job-related skills. Finally, we will modify the learning environment accordingly to determine the conditions where interfering behaviors occur. This is to reduce unwanted interfering behaviors like stereotypy and self-injury.
Within this process, we constantly observe and evaluate the behavior of the child, reinforce positive behavior, and guide them in learning healthier coping and management skills to control or remove adverse behavior.
We are committed to providing our clients with holistic services that are strength-based and are tailored to their unique needs and preferences. It is also our aim to provide them with the right type and level of assistance while acknowledging their potentials and their abilities to learn adaptive skills with training.
With these in mind, we work with family members in observing and fostering good behavior and their advancements in learning, as well as managing behavioral problems.
- Child and Family Services Agency www.cfsa.dc.gov
- Our Commitment to Supporting Individuals on the Autism Spectrum and their Families www.hhs.gov
- Autism Resource Guide www.dctransition.org
- Resources for Families www.childrensnational.org
- Community Resources for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and their Families www.aapdc.org
To get started with our ABA service programs, please fill out the form below: